“The Hirer” shall mean the person/Company hiring the skip and/or their representatives
“The Owner” shall mean Skipway Waste Manegement
Conditions Of Trading And Hire
1. The Hirer will pay the hire charge to the owner in advance, unless credit account arrangements have been made.
2. Waste material collected must have been notified to the authorities specified in the Deposit of Poisonous Waste Act 1972 whereby 3 clear days notice of such notification must have been given prior to this collection unless this waste material is exempt from notification under regulation 3 classes 1-3 inclusive. NOTE: Asbestos of all forms in hazardous and must be notified.
3. We can accept no responsibility for failure to supply or collect or for delay in supplying and collecting containers which may be due directly to any cause or circumstances beyond our control or any unforeseen or abnormal conditions.
4. The Hirer undertakes to direct at this sole discretion to the driver where to deposit the container, the said driver being for the purpose of such deposit the agent of the Hirer.
5. If the Hirer directs the vehicle delivering or collection the container to leave the public highway he/she shall indemnify us in respect of any loss, costs, damages or expenses we may thereby sustain whether as a result of personal injury or as a result of damage to the vehicle itself or the property of the hirer or third parties. This includes any subsidence caused when lifting or removing containers.
6. We reserve the right to execute any order and remove containers if the arrangements for payment are not satisfactory to us and to suspend or discontinue delivery of containers to any account Hirer whose account is overdue for payment, and in each and every case we reserve the right to unload the contents of the container onto the Hirer premises or site premises to which the container was delivered, without incurring any liability for any loss or damage occasioned by such actions.
7. During the continuance of the contract the Hirer shall make good to us the loss or damage to the containers whilst on hire to them from whatever cause the same may arise, fair wear and tear excepted and shall also fully and completely indemnify us in respect of all claims by any person, organisation, company or body of persons whatsoever for injury to person or property caused by or in connection with arising out of the use of containers and in respect of all damages, claims, charges and demands in connection therewith howsoever the same may arise.
8. The Hirer shall not move the container from the site or position on the site to which it was delivered unless prior consent be obtained from us.
9. Unless otherwise agreed by the Owner in writing the terms and conditions shall apply to all orders placed with the Owner. Any stipulations or conditions contained in a Hirers order form which conflict with any of these terms and conditions or in any way qualify or negate the same shall be deemed to be inapplicable to any order placed with the Owner unless expressly agreed to by the Owner in writing when acknowledging the order in question.
10. The Hirer will take all proper care of the all the Owner’s property which has been hired to the Hirer, including but not limited to the container, lamps and cones, where applicable, while in the possession of the Hirer and shall be responsible for all claims, costs, damages and expenses arising out of the position of the container or the use thereof during the period of hire and will indemnify the Owner against any claim in respect thereof.
11. It shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the container is properly illuminated during such times as the law shall require and shall indemnify the Owner against any claims, demands, damages, proceeding and expenses in respect of failure to light the said container as aforesaid. (See lighting and coning of containers paragraph).
12. The Hirer undertakes that they have lawfully obtained every necessary authority or licence from the Local Authority which may be required in connection with the use of the container supplied under this contract. Furthermore The Hirer undertakes to comply with all legislation in regard to the use of such containers, and in particular Articles 96 and 97 of the Roads (Northern Ireland) Order 1993.
13. Unless otherwise stated in writing the standard hire period will be a delivery on day 1 and a collection on Day 14. No time guarantees are made for any deliveries or collections. We reserve the right to collect the container at a date later than specified. Where hire is required for additional period, hire will be charged at the prevailing rate for each extra day.
LIGHTING AND CONING CONTAINERS
14. A container on a public or private carriageway shall be protected by three cones positioned on the approaching traffic side as shown in the diagram below.
15. During the hours of darkness, twilight and at times of reduced visibility an amber lamp shall be attached to each side of the container and when the container has been placed on a public or private carriageway, lamps must be placed between traffic cones in accordance with the diagram below. (Each lamp should have an illuminative power of not less than 1 candela and must remain lit throughout the period of darkness, twilight or reduced visibility).
16. Clauses 14 and 15 apply in addition to any regulations which the law may impose in relation to the lighting of such a container.
17. The following list of items are classed by the Owner as “restricted materials” and surcharges will apply where these items have been deposited without the express agreement of the Owner in writing. The list of restricted materials is not finite and The Owner reserves the right to amend the list by oral representation to the Hirer at any time.
- Bulky Waste (Carpet, ceiling tiles, sofas and similar Max 10% of load)
- Clinical Medical Waste
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Gas Cylinders
- Hazardous/Toxic Materials
- Paint Cans
- Plasterboard (max 10% of load)
18. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY FIRES BE LIT IN THE CONTAINERS AS THIS WILL CAUSE DAMAGE AND WILL BE CHARGED AS SET OUT UNDER CLAUSE 7.